|Posted by Pastor Elijah Akpan on January 2, 2015 at 3:30 AM|
FOR HEALING AND DELIVERANCE, TUNE IN WITH US ON THURSDAYS FROM 7:00 PM TO 9:00 PM AT WWW.THEIMSP.COM, SIGN IN AND CLICK ON I-CHURCH
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CHRISTIAN
• How we live our lives as Christians and what we do as Christians matter a lot to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
• We condemn Him and what He did for us by acting contrary to how He expects us to live in obedience to His word and the will of the Father
• He expects us to be Christ-like and we should passionately pursue these Christ-like attributes in our day to day lifestyles OR walk with Him
• Being a Christian is easy, but living a Christian life is another
• As Christians we have responsibilities first to God and then to each other.
• In Paul’s letter to the Church in Rome, the Holy Spirit inspired him to document these responsibilities to the Romans so they could be Christ-like in everyway
• Today in 2014, we see these responsibilities becoming still applicable to us as Christians.
• As Christians in IMSP, how are we supposed to live our lives in order to bring glory to God
• What responsibilities do we have to God and to each other as Christians?
Romans 12:9-21 (NKJV) Behave Like a Christian
1) Our Responsibilities or Duties to God Vs 11-13
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
• Serve God with all your heart, mind and soul
• Whatever department the Lord puts you to serve in His house, serve with all your heart
• Avoid murmur or complains because whatever service you render in the Church is for God and it is sacred before Him
• Know that this is your sacrifice to Him. It is you who will receive the reward for your services to God and no one else
• You cannot leave Church and abandon your duties because someone made you mad. It is like walking away from receiving a million dollars reward because someone in the line just pushed you to get out of line.
• Get involved this year in Bible studies, prayer meetings and events organized in the church
• Give generously to the work of God.
• Exercise patience with your Pastors and leaders in the church
• Don’t be easily offended and if you should be offended, address it immediately and expose the devil and put him to shame
• Don’t let offense address you because it may bring shame and lack of trust against you
• Pray continuously and make it a lifestyle. Prayer helps you build a strong relationship with God
• Be generous to each other by giving to the needs of others. It is important for us to serve God in this area because it brings a lot of blessings to us
• You must be careful not to become a nuisance in church by asking or scouting around for money or gifts from God’s people.
• This may drive people away from Church as they become uncomfortable, offended and may not return. If this happens and any person leaves church and falls into sin because of you, the Lord will hold you responsible for that individual’s soul.
• Do not cause the other to fall, become offended or walk away from the Lord
• The Lord will be faithful to bless you as you become a good steward and serve Him faithfully
2) Duties to each other: Vs 9, 14-21
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;
• Brotherly love here refers to the word Philadelphia
• Philadelphia means brotherly love in the scriptures, and is translated from the Greek word Philos, which means affectionate regards
• We are to love each other as brothers and sisters and unconditionally without expecting anything gainfully in return
• I cannot love you because of what you can give me. It does not matter whether you will give me anything or not, I still must love you the same as Christ commands me to love you.
• Matthew 22:37, John 15:12
• Resist evil and embrace good and righteousness
• Respect, honor and give high regard to another selflessly
14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
• You are to bless those who oppress you and lie against you
• People may fight against you, insult you, make derogatory signs against you
• People may even hate you for being a Christian and call the police for you each time you play Christian music in your home
• They may steal from you, irritate you, and accuse you falsely
• Your family may even persecute you, not because you are doing something bad but doing good
• It may be that the more you bless someone in the family, the more they speak against you and not appreciate your efforts
• Your business partner may walk away with everything and leaves you with nothing
• Your trusted friends or employees may betray you and bring you down
• You are to bless them and not curse
• Someone may accuse you in Church, offend you, and may even gossip against you
• You must pray for them, bless them and don’t get upset and leave Church
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
• We are to celebrate each other and with each other
• Be compassionate towards one another
• Do not jealous another because he is promoted into the position you were seeking and you are not
• Rather, rejoice in his promotion and in his blessings with him
• Know that God will do likewise for you when He sees you happy for someone else
• Some people cannot stand to see others promoted or blessed more than them.
• God is the one who promotes and blesses, so don’t be jealous
• Why do you want God to give you a Mercedes benz when you cannot stand to see your neighbor drive one?
• Why would God bless you with a mansion when you are so jealous and offended with your friend who just bought a mansion?
• You must learn to rejoice with one another and be compassionate with them
• When someone is sad and going through problems, he or she needs you then like never before. Cheer them up. Encourage them and call them up.
• Invite them home and share a meal with them.
• Don’t wait to be invited before you invite them
• As a Christian, settle each other’s disputes and instill peace rather than watching your brothers and sisters fight.
• God wants to use you as a peacemaker, a giver, and a restorer this year
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble (Christians). Do not be wise in your own opinion
• Don’t get involved in the occult, witchcraft or demonic affairs
• Don’t be greedy, don’t steal and don’t plunder others
• Don’t be given to evil for power, fame and money
• Resent pride, ungodly or unfriendly friends (demonic worshippers) and make friends with Christians
• Don’t take any decision out of emotion or make an emotional decision
• Pray and ask God for guidance and direction
• Seek wisdom, knowledge and understanding from God
• God will be faithful to bless you this year beyond your imaginations
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” [a] says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”[b]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
• Our God will avenge your enemies for you.
• As a Christian, you must walk away from confrontation this year and always
• Do not exchange unholy words with anyone
• Don’t be quick to seek revenge because you can never revenge the way God would avenge for you
• Let your goodness to your enemies become your weapon against them
• For spiritual enemies, you must stand up against them by prayers through the word of God
• Have respect and value for your loved ones and other Christians.
• Honor each other in the house of God.
• Children, love, honor and respect your parents
• Parents love and value your children. Pray for them without ceasing
• Declare blessings on them and never curse your children
• Value each other’s opinions.
• Value each other’s properties and possessions
• Let God lead you in all your endeavors
• Pray for one another above all, love, love, and love. Amen.
All Copyrights Reserved
Prophet Dr. Elijah Akpan
The Healing House Ministries