|Posted by Pastor Elijah Akpan on December 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM|
HOW DO YOU SET YOURSELF APART FOR THE BLESSINGS OF 2014
Jude Chapter 1:20-25
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction;[d] 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,[e] hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
1) You must go into 2014 by Faith to possess your possessions.
Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
• With Faith
a. You will always win in 2014
b. The word of God will always bear fruit for you
c. You will see your healing come to pass in 2014
d. You will cast out demons or force them out of their victims
e. Your storms shall cease and you shall become peaceful again
f. Your anointing shall grow in 2014
g. God will trust you and give you more breakthroughs
h. You will trust God much more for more miracles in 2014
2) You must pray in the Holy Spirit unceasingly in 2014
Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear, The name of the LORD from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the LORD will lift up a standard against him.
• The Spirit of the Lord is your shield. He is the mark of Christ on you
• It is the job of the Holy Spirit to protect you, fight for you and keep you
• You must stay connected to the Holy Spirit throughout 2014 in prayers
• Speak and meditate in tongues
• Know that Prayer is having intimacy with God.
• When you are intimate with the Holy Spirit in 2014, your blessings shall be full
3) Keep yourself in God’s Love
• What can we do without the love of God?
• Love is a virtue and we must pursue love in 2014
• The New commandment is that we should love one another
In John 15:12, Jesus said, "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
• You cannot say you love God and not love another
• Some people talk about love, preach about love but they don’t practice what they preach.
• When you forgive, you will be able to love
• When you love someone, you will not be able to judge them
• When you love someone, you will not take inventory of their wrongs
• You must practice how to give the Agape love of God in 2014.
• Love unconditionally. I may fail you in your expectations of me, and you may fail me in my expectations of you. But we must see beyond our failures and love each other unconditionally just as Christ loves us
• As we do this, it will be difficult for the enemy to divide us, pull us apart, and plant any offense between us
• This is how Christ sees us. Psalms 103:10-14 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor reward us according to our iniquities…
• Do not stay disconnected from your Church or Ministry and when you finally come to Church you become critical, judgmental or begin to point fingers of accusations. Stay connected with the body of Christ and the Holy Spirit so as to keep yourself informed of what God is doing.
• Come to Bible studies, come to prayer meetings, attend Sunday services, give to the building of God’s house. Do not lag behind in doing God's work. As you do, watch Him bless you beyond human understanding in 2014
4) Pursue Mercy
• Be merciful to everyone and seek God’s mercy as well
• As you show mercy especially to those in the Church, God will also show you mercy
Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.
Psalms 103:8 The LORD is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy
• Forgive others, be kind hearted, give when it is within your power to do so
• Reject offense in 2014
• Be kind to your co-workers at work and co-laborers in the house of God
• Give good recommendations to all with all sincerity
• Choose to leave peacefully and happily with everyone
• Christ will be merciful to you and highly recommend you for promotion in 2014
5) Have Compassion in 2014
• Same as showing mercy
• Christ was very compassionate.
• His compassion brought healing and deliverance to all including you and me
• His compassion brought Salvation, Grace and Abundant life to us
• As you pray in the Holy Spirit, the measure of the gift of compassion increases in your life, and you are able to show more and more compassion to all.
6) Be Distinctive
• Set Yourself Apart for Christ
• Be different, live a life of purity and hate sin
• Commit yourself totally to Christ
• Be an example to the world and let them follow your lead
• Serve in the house of God with a humble, broken and contrite heart
• For these, God will not despise Psalms 51:17
Psalm 4:3 But know that the LORD has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him.
7) Save with Fear and Pull them out of Fire
• 2014 is the year of fire
• Year of great Evangelical anointing
• You must win souls for the Kingdom of God in 2014
• Invite them to Church
• Some make mistakes of evangelizing and not inviting them to church. How will they grow? One time full meal will not last you a life time. So is the word of God
• Without growth, they’ll go right back into the world. They must be taught the word of God. They must be fed to maturity before being released
8- Hate the garment defiled by flesh
• You must hate sin and flee from the work of flesh
• When your flesh says, I feel like gambling, tell your flesh, I feel like giving extra money to God
• When your flesh says, your Pastor does not love you, tell your flesh the last time I checked, my Pastor was praying for me
• When your flesh says God does not care about you otherwise; He wouldn’t have allowed what happened to you to happen. Tell your flesh His Grace and Mercy are sufficient for me
• When your flesh says, I feel like drinking a glass of wine, tell your flesh, I feel like drinking the Blood of Jesus Christ or taking the Holy Communion
• When your flesh says, I don’t feel like going to Church today, tell your flesh my Pastor needs me to help in church today. I must go and give the love of God to those who need His love so desperately.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
9) Give Glory to God
Prophet Dr. Elijah Akpan
The Healing House Ministries
All Copyrights Reserved.